With so many bear canisters on the market, this can be a loaded question. Essentially you’ve got two options; inside the pack or outside. Although pros and cons to each method, the size of your bear canister will determine which will be the most effective. For inside, we suggest keeping it just above your shoulder straps because of the larger circumference at the top of the pack. For outside, under the Y-Strap is suggested for keeping it secure to your pack. Both methods will allow for easy access to your food and won’t dramatically throw off your weight distribution.
Articles in this section
- Will my pack fit carry on dimensions?
- Will my bear canister fit in your packs?
- Do your packs have load lifters?
- What’s the best way to store my shelter?
- How long are the aluminum stays for each torso size?
- Can I cook in my HMG tent?
- How do I clean my HMG pack?
- How does the ski-mod carry?
- What are the hip belt adjustment lengths for each torso size?
- Can flat tarps be used with Echo inserts?