Yes, and generally speaking, you’ve got two options: carry it inside the pack or on the outside. The size of your bear canister, the volume of your pack, and how much space your other gear takes up will determine which will be the most effective. On the inside, we suggest keeping it upright and close to your center of gravity. For outside, cinch it down under the Y-Strap to keep it secure to your pack. Both methods will allow for easy access to your food and won’t throw off your weight distribution.
Articles in this section
- How do I figure out my torso size?
- How do I clean my Hyperlite Mountain Gear Face Mask?
- Does the Porter Water Bottle Holder work with other packs besides the Porter?
- Can I add a Ski-Mod to an already purchased, complete pack?
- Do you offer S-Straps?
- Can I stitch a patch onto my pack?
- Can I use my Pod as a bear bag?
- Will my laptop fit into the Daybreak’s internal sleeve?
- How big is the hydration sleeve on the Windrider, Southwest, and Junction?
- How big is the internal zipper pocket on the Daybreak?