With the variety of bear canisters on the market, and with no visibility to how much you’re carrying or how you pack, this can be a tough one to give you specifics on. But, generally speaking, you’ve got two options; inside the pack or outside. Although there are pros and cons to each method, the size of your bear canister will determine which will be the most effective. On the inside, we suggest keeping it upright and close to your center of gravity. For outside, cinch it down under the Y-Strap to keep it secure to your pack. Both methods will allow for easy access to your food and won’t dramatically throw off your weight distribution.
Articles in this section
- How do I figure out my torso size?
- Will my bear canister fit in your packs?
- Will my pack fit carry on dimensions?
- Do your packs have load lifters?
- How about those Red Sox, huh?
- What are the hip belt adjustments for each torso size?
- How long are the aluminum stays for each torso size?
- How do I clean my Hyperlite Mountain Gear pack or shelter?
- What’s the best way to store my shelter?
- Can I cook in my tent?