Yes, and generally speaking, you’ve got two options: carry it inside the pack or on the outside. The size of your bear canister, the volume of your pack, and how much space your other gear takes up will determine which will be the most effective. On the inside, we suggest keeping it upright and close to your center of gravity. For outside, cinch it down under the Y-Strap to keep it secure to your pack. Both methods will allow for easy access to your food and won’t throw off your weight distribution.
Articles in this section
- What size Camera Pod works for me?
- Are your packs waterproof?
- What is the difference between the Windrider, Southwest, Junction and NorthRim?
- How do I figure out my torso size?
- What are the hip belt adjustments for each torso size?
- How do I clean my Hyperlite Mountain Gear pack, stuff sack, or shelter?
- Can I use Iron-on patches on my pack?
- Do you offer custom modifications to your gear?
- How do I clean my Hyperlite Mountain Gear Face Mask?
- Does the Porter Water Bottle Holder work with other packs besides the Porter?